Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

Brakes engaging without pressing pedal

Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger 2022 GT1 RWD
Hello, I previously owned a Kia Stinger Premium 2019 but do to an accident I purchased a Kia Stinger 2022 GT1.

After a week or so I noticed the car was engaging the brakes while coasting causing a slight jerk sensation. This at any speed but I'm assuming I feel it more at lower speeds due to resistance of motion at highway speeds. When press the pedal at low speeds, even a slight tap, the brakes will engaged like I'm pressing hard causing it to essentially feel like if I was a new drive and scared of the road. It causes slight perking due to this when I have to brake.

So far Kia has been no help. I took it to another auto shop and they had it for 4 hours and 3 people test drive it and could only advise I replace brakes and rotors.

Yesterday I replaced the brakes and rotors myself and thoroughly cleaned any rust with a wire brush kit and brake clean. Replaced with R1 Concepts drilled and slotted and DFC ceramic brake pads. (Applied Anti Seize). Everything was rust welded, the rotors, the caliper bolts, and rotor screws. Had to use the extreme end of methods to remove each peice.

This stopped vibration but the self braking is still present. I also attempted a brake flush but some bleeder valves were stuck. Checked temps for seized caliper and temps matched.

Is this a computer issue at this point? I have no idea how to fix this. Battery shows no corrosion.